It's been a few months since my last post, and for this I apologize to whomever read these and found something in the words. To be honest, I wasn't sure when or if I was going to continue writing these posts, but my attention returned to this blog when a friend, Miss Staniforth, mentioned how much she liked my blog posts. This made me re-evaluate what I was doing.
Funny thing about life: You can never be sure which or how many eyes are watching you, but you can almost always be certain there are eyes on you even if it doesn't feel like it. This is what I realized when Miss Staniforth made her comment.
What are you supposed to do with all of these people watching you? How do you act? Should you say what you say? By no means should you let what others do or say control your actions, but I find that life is best lived when you are being the best you can possibly be. I know that the best me is a me that is helping others, so I will keep writing this blog for others who may use these words as they see fit for their own benefit.
There are so many different things I could quote that talk about us being the best us we can be, or in other words-being an example. There are only about 1 bajillion different scriptures that share the importance of "being an example of the believers"(1 Timothy 4:12) because we are a "city set upon a hill that cannot be hid"(Matthew 5:14-16). Why would we want to be an example? For the very reason that made me write this post: People are watching. It is not only your life that gets better when you are being the best you can be, but the lives of all those around you also improve. Whether it be those youth that look up to you and hope to someday be like you because you are the coolest person alive, those roommates and classmates who look at you because you are there and can be looked at, or those older than you who hope to see you grow and become something more-Someone is always watching.
Many who watch you, watch you because they care. Know this and go forward with a smile because it will make your day and the day for those watching that much more bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment